07.03.2010

Pitztal Wildface

After some snow yesterday we had a beautiful weather and good conditions today.
The Pitztal Wildface is a offpiste time race with 6 direction gates and a vertical drop of (a bit more than) 1500m and 4,6km length...

This view shows the whole run from the top of the mountain to the scott tent

after I saw some crashes from the starting gate, I expected difficult conditions, especially with my high starting number, so I decided to go for a fluid but safe run...
while my run I figured out that it was much more exhausting than I expected it, so the real challenge was to keep on skiing fast over all the tracked terrain, but I made it to the 7th place!
In a time of 08:31.91min

Congratulations to Alex, who won the Snowboard ranking and Fabi "a.k.a. Junior" who got 3rd on Skiis!

Junior at the first few meters of his run



All in all it was a cool, but massive exhausting day :-) now I have some days to prepair for the Nendaz 3 star qualifier in Nendaz, which will be next weekend...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen